10.19.2009

Best Bets: Restaurants

In honor of all of the "Best Bets" guides that come out each year... thought I'd offer up my own take.

Best Bar Food: Bourbon Steak
Best BBQ: Kenny's Smokehouse
Best Burgers: Good Stuff Eatery
Best Cheap Eats: Tacqueria Nacionale
Best Cheese Plates: Cheesetique
Best Cupcakes: Buzz Bakery
Best Desserts: Co Co Sala (they had me at chocolate covered bacon.)
Best for Groups: Surfside for super casual or Zaytinya
Best Ice Cream: Dolcezza (although I usually get it at the Penn Quarter Farmers Market on Thursdays)
Best Italian: Dino
Best Outdoor Seating: Tabard Inn
Best Pizza: 2 Amys
Best Pre-Theater Dining: Rasika for Woolley or Shakespeare, West End Bistro for Kennedy Center
Best Restaurant for a Quiet Meal: Corduroy
Best Romantic Restaurant: J&G Steakhouse
Best Seafood: Hanks Oyster Bar
Best Steak: Rays The Steaks
Best Sushi: SEI
Best Takeout: Greek Deli
Best Vegetarians whose friends aren't Vegetarian: Tonic for casual or Founding Farmers
Best View: POV

Next up, the Bars edition...

NOTE: I haven't eaten at EVERY spot in town... feel free to tell me in the comments section what I'm missing out on. Happy to try out your fave spot and blog about it if it knocks off one of my faves!

No comments: