2.02.2010

DC: Zola Wine & Kitchen

In case you aren't aware, today is National Tater Tot Day... and as a tater tot aficianado, I needed a fix. Zola Wine & Kitchen's Goat Cheese Tater Tots (always on the menu) are light and fluffy... almost like a creamy mashed potato cloud encased in a crunchy exterior. I accompanied mine with the Sweet Potato and Lobster Soup with a dollop of Crème Fraiche (a daily special) which was warm and hearty for a 20 something degree day.


My fellow foodie, @frijolita, chose the other daily special, a Roast Lamb Quesadilla with Red Pepper Pico and Whipped Goat Boursin which she pronounced delicious.


Confession: The first photo I snapped when we walked in Zola Wine & Kitchen today was of these Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. We *had* to split one... especially when the cute chef insisted that he bring it to us at the table so that we didn't have to wait in line again. *Swoon*


If you're in the neighborhood check it out. They also offer a wine store and cooking classes... which I need to take advantage of since my blogs are leaning *way* more restaurant review than farmers market challenge these days.

No comments: