7.02.2014

Spicy Summer Salad with Peaches and Blueberries

If you're looking for a way to spice up your salads, I've got two new products (that I love!!!) that took this salad to the next level: Mike's Hot Honey and Mrs. Belem's 5 Pepper
Spicy Summer Salad with Peaches & Berries
Start by laying down a bed of greens. Tonight I used sugar snap peas and pea shoots, but kale, spinach or arugula would also work. You want some greens with some bite or bitterness to them to counter topping them with whatever fruit is in season. For the Mid-Atlantic this week, that was peaches and blueberries.

Next, I squeezed the juice of a quarter of a lime on top, followed by a drizzle of Mike's Hot Honey, a sprinkle of Mrs. Belem's 5 Pepper spice mix and a drizzle of olive oil.

The combination of sweet and spice balances perfectly - and is super healthy and using all whole ingredients.

All vegetables and fruits were purchased at Washington, DC's Dupont Circle Farmers Market, which is year round on Sunday mornings.

NOTE: Mrs. Belem's is owned by a friend of mine and the first bottle was gratis. That said, after this one's over, I'm opening up my wallet.

No comments: